Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nina Jose bares romance with businessman


Enough of those rumors linking her to Vic Sotto.

"Yes, I am in love!" Niña Jose confesses. But the lucky man is not "Bossing".

His name is Joseph "Josh" Calata. He is a 31-year-old businessman who has been dating the actress for three months.

A former model, he looks handsome enough to be an actor. And Niña can’t get enough of him.

"I've never been happier. Ever since I met Josh, things have been great. Parang wala akong problema," says the star of the TV5 primetime soap Valiente.


Josh is her third boyfriend. She wishes he will be the last.

"I just pray that we stay this way for a long time. I hope that he is the one," reveals the "Pinoy Big Brother" alumna, whose last relationship lasted five years.

"When I enter a relationship, pangmatagalan. I don’t play around. Serious ako sa ganyan. I’m in it for the long run."

That also means the 22-year-old actress is in no hurry to tie the knot anytime soon.

"Josh knows na mas importante sa akin ang showbiz career ko. I'm getting good projects now kaya ayokong mawala lahat ‘yan kung uunahin ko ang pag-aasawa."

Niña sees no problem in the 9-year gap between her and Josh.

"I never had a problem with age," she declares. "It's just a number, 'di ba? As long as we understand each other, and we have this fantastic connection, age will not matter."

She admits that she prefers her boyfriend to be older and wiser.

"Mature men for me are very sexy. I mean, sexy sila, intellectually," she muses.

Which brings us back to her co-star in the TV5 gag show “The Jose and Wally Show Starring Vic Sotto,” who had been linked to her before his reported romance with Pauleen Luna.

What were all those rumors about?

"Never naman kaming nag-date ni Bossing. Hindi umabot sa gano'n," she clarifies.

"He just asked me kung okey ba na one day ay maimbitahan niya ako for this Church service that he’s a part of. Then we can have dinner after daw.

"I said okay kasi I saw nothing wrong with his invitation. Pero hindi nga natuloy iyon because naging busy na ako with the taping of ‘Valiente’. Then nabalitaan ko na lang na he's being linked na to Pauleen."

Speaking of “Valiente,” Niña is very pleased with the positive feedback she has been getting for her role as Leona Braganza, the scheming sister of the protagonist played by Oyo Sotto.

She says her character is not an all-out villainess. Fans of the show will soon start to sympathize with Leona.

"This time maaawa naman sila sa akin. I’m not the total bad girl in the series. May ibang side si Leona na mapapanood nila."

source: interaksyon.com