Monday, October 7, 2013

Derek Ramsay rules out reconciliation with Cristine Reyes, but wants to keep their friendship


Derek Ramsay has officially admitted that his month-long relationship with Cristine Reyes is indeed over as reported in several print and online media last week. However, the actor remains hopeful that they can still maintain their friendship.

“Right now, I’m giving more importance to the friendship side of our relationship. That’s what I’m trying to do,” Derek told InterAksyon and other media during the pocket press conference for his new weekly drama series on TV5, “For Love or Money”, set to air this October 17 at 8PM.

Derek further revealed that he has spoken with Cristine’s mother and sisters, including actress Ara Mina, whom he said he had a conversation with during the recent trade launch of TV5’s “Everyday All The Way” line-up of new shows at the NBC Tent. Ara is in the cast of Ogie Alcasid’s new teleserye “The Gift”.

“I spoke with everybody that I know who loves her to make sure she’s safe. Her family, her friends, lahat ng mga importanteng tao sa buhay niya, kinausap ko na. So far, they haven’t been disrespectful to me,” he added.

As for Cristine herself, Derek said they remain in touch. As a matter of fact, they are still set to shoot more scenes together for their upcoming film project, “Trophy Wife”. They will also soon travel together to Hawaii for an upcoming show.

Asked if their future liaisons will lead to a possible reconciliation, Derek sounded firm in ruling it out. “We both know that that’s not going to happen,” he declared.

Whether the extremely remote possibility of rekindling their flame has something to do with the real reason for their breakup, Derek wouldn’t say.

“I’m going to be private on what our reasons are. There are so many speculations but it’s not what it is,” he told News5 during the said trade launch.

As to how the breakup is going to affect the subsequent promotion of “Trophy Wife” when the time comes and he and Cristine can actively promote the film together, Derek does not see a problem there.

“I don’t think it will have any effect. People who know me know that I don’t come up with gimmicks just to promote a movie. I just let the movie speak for itself,” he replied.

“Besides, how can I do that to somebody who has been my friend for so long? If she has problems with us promoting the film together, I’ll respect and accept her decision. But I don’t think she will because she’s a professional”.

With regards to a repeat of the publicized incidents early this year when his name was not at all mentioned by his co-stars in “A Secret Affair” during the promotion of that film on ABS-CBN shows, Derek would like to think that it’s no longer an issue given how the Kapamilya network reported the story when he and Cristine first confirmed their relationship.

“I have so much respect for ABS-CBN for doing that. It was nice that my past network showed and mentioned me during that time. From the reports that they gave, they look like they’re happy for me. They even made an effort to go to us and interview us,” he recalled.

But now that he and Cristine are no longer a couple, how would he react if he becomes He Who Must Not Be Named again in his former network?

“If they decide to do that, then that’s their decision and I will respect it. You can look at it in so many ways. If they’re just protecting their talent, it’s a business decision on their part, so be it. You didn’t hear me complain about it then. But I want to think positive and consider that problem or issue as something that’s already over,” he conceded.

source: interaksyon.com