Friday, May 24, 2013

U.S. gospel singer sues McDonald's, claims glass in sandwich ruined her voice


MANILA, Philippines – A gospel singer from New York sued McDonald’s after she bit a chicken sandwich she bought from the fast food giant, the New York Post reported recently. The sandwhich allegedly contained a piece of glass bigger than a penny.

Jacqueline Simpson, 52, who filed the suit before the Brooklyn Supreme Court, told the Post that she had bought the glass-laden sandwich from a McDonald’s branch near the World Trade Center in May 2010.

After eating the sandwich, Simpson, who works as a clerk for the state Attorney General’s Office, said her voice became "hoarse" and "rattly,” according to The Post.

“I still sing alto, but I can’t sing soprano like I used to,” The Post quoted Simpson as saying.

“I have to make a lot of calls for work, and I have to tell people that I’m not a man.  “Before, that never happened,” added Simpson.

source: interaksyon.com