Saturday, January 5, 2013

Emma Watson Is a Perfectionist


Emma Watson accepts nothing but the best.

The actress, 22, thanks her parents for the "very strong work ethics" they introduced to her in life.

"[They taught me to have] a love and respect for what you do, and [take] pride in it," she says in the U.K. edition of Marie Claire's February issue.

But Watson admits there's a little downside to having such strong drive.

"This is sort of irritating at times – I'm a bit OCD about perfectionism," she says. "I'm my own worst critic. I think that's really hard, but it also spurs me on. I always want to do better. I'm always striving towards the next thing."

But with maturity and experience, the actress has learned not to be as hard on herself.

"Now I feel a lot more settled in who I am and what I think and how I want to do things," Watson says. "And because I feel good about what I am doing, I don't need anyone else to say whether they think it's good or not. I think that comes with age, which is nice."

Even so, she doesn't stop creating goals.

"I always have the same New Year's resolution: to speak French fluently," she says. "I get a huge wave of nostalgia when I come into the Gare du Nord [railway]. There's such an emphasis on culture, art and music. And I'll do anything for a warm baguette."

source: people.com