Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Jinri Park bids Manila goodbye to study acting in Korea


Long-time Philippine resident Jinri Park bade her Filipino fans goodbye on Wednesday. The 25-year-old Korean model, actress and radio jock moved back to her native South Korea where she will stay indefinitely to pursue serious training in acting.



I would like to thank everyone who supported me here in the Philippines. I will NEVER forget my filipino fans. I'll be back as a better me.

— Jinri Park (@jinri_88) October 23, 2013





“The fact I’m leaving is really because I do miss my family and want to take acting seriously. I applied for masters in acting in Korea,” she said in a farewell note she posted on Instagram.

Jinri turned her back on a leading lady role in the Vic Sotto sitcom “Vampire ang Daddy Ko”, a regular show on RX 93.1, and a growing profile as a model for men’s magazines and her own photo books.

But unlike Sandara Park before her, she said she was “not quitting showbiz” and promised to return. However, she did not rule out the prospect of joining South Korea’s entertainment industry.

“If there’s an opportunity to join showbiz there, I’ll try it out, but I’m not going there to be an actress/K-pop artist. If it happens then it happens,” she posted when she broke the news of her departure last month.

Recently, she raised a lot of eyebrows when she guested on Edu Manzano’s talk show “What’s Up, Doods?” and said she found comedian Ramon Bautista “really attractive now”.

source: interaksyon.com