Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sweden’s Make Up Store is finally here


DEAR RISSA,

My skin has been looking dull and tired. What’s a good face product that can instantly revive it? Thank you!

GRACE N.

We all go through blah days. Our skin has a cycle of growing new cells and casting off the old. When dead cells accumulate, they make the skin’s surface look dull and gray or even rough. The simple act of exfoliation can work wonders — it helps remove these flaking cells, revealing clearer, softer skin beneath and boosting circulation.

A few days ago, I tried Make Up Store’s Cleansing Powder. As early as last year, I’d been seeing the signage of the Make Up Store at the second floor of The Podium, Ortigas, which I often frequent for errands. It got me so excited that they’re finally open!

The Make Up Store is a Swedish brand that has been around for 21 years. They started out as one of the first makeup academies in Sweden and later began to create their own product range. They opened their first boutique in Stockholm, Sweden, 15 years ago and now have 200 boutiques in 23 countries around the globe. They offer everything from makeup, skincare, hair care and body care to makeup tools and fragrance. I can’t believe they’re finally here in the Philippines!



And so I visited the store and decided to try the Make Up Store’s Cleansing Powder first. Why? Because cleansers are the most basic skincare product and if a brand fails in that department, I don’t think you can expect much more from their other products. The Cleansing Powder comes in a black handy sachet — perfect to slip into your kikay kit and for traveling. It claims to clean and exfoliate simultaneously with the use of fine grains that work on the surface and jojoba to deeply clean. All you have to do is pour the powder into the palm of your hand and add drops of water, then massage onto damp skin. I liked that it didn’t contain any harsh fragrance. The powder dissolved into almost nothing as I massaged it in circular motions, so I frankly didn’t really expect much exfoliation. But the results are jaw dropping: I saw a visibly brighter complexion and skin as smooth as a newborn’s! It felt so smooth that I kept touching my face over and over again! Would I buy and use it again? Definitely. Apart from providing a deep clean, it revives dull and tired skin in an instant! It’s perfect if you have a big date, a wedding or an important event to attend. I’m all praise for this wonder cleanser. Now I can’t wait to check out their other products, too!

Make Up Store is located on the second floor of The Podium mall, Ortigas. Like them on Facebook: MakeUpStorePH and follow them on Twitter: MakeUpStorePH.

RISSA

source: philstar.com