Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ann Curry Confirms Today Show Exit in Tearful Send-Off, Reveals Future Plans


Ann Curry is getting ready to say her good-byes.

The veteran journalist and morning-show host has confirmed rampant speculation that she'll be stepping down from the Today show after 14 years, saying she'll "really miss" viewers and that media leaks about her departure have "hurt deeply."




Curry, who is set to officially announce her exit Thursday morning on the Today show, spoke at length beforehand with USA Today, telling the paper that breaking the news to viewers is "going to be a bit of a tough day."

"I'm going to have to tell our viewers," she said while reportedly choking back tears. "That's what makes me more emotional than anything. I don't want to leave them. I love them. And I will really miss them."

Particularly painful, she lamented, were early media reports about her departure. "I don't know who has been behind the leaks, but no question they've hurt deeply," she said.

Curry also gave props to cohost Matt Lauer, calling out their "terrific relationship" on a "history-making" show.


source: eonline.com