Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Alice Dixson says showing skin at 44 ‘part of taking my career to a different level’


Alice Dixson says the secret to anything is just being happy.

“When you’re happy with what you’re doing, happy with your family life, it will show,” she told InterAksyon during a recent photo shoot for an upcoming issue of a popular magazine.

The shoot also highlights what “For Love or Money” co-star Derek Ramsay fittingly describes as “a better body than most teenagers”. When asked what her secret is for staying fit, the 44-year old actress said there’s really no secret.


“For me, it’s just being active. Just enjoy what you do, drink lots of water, get a lot of sleep, eat a lot of good food,” she replied.

“In terms of fitness, I do a lot of different things. Archery is one of them. I also used to do horseback riding. I’ve been diving for quite a while and recently, somebody told me how to wakeboard, so nakakatayo na ‘ko. Introduction to new things is always good for the soul,” she added.

While her flattering figure has something to do with why Alice is showing a little more skin on TV, film and photo shoots these days, it’s also because she admits to being more confident about herself these days.

“I’ve been very shy and conservative in the past but lately I’ve realized I’m not a teenager anymore. The roles that I accept have a certain level of maturity and I don’t find going sexy is something that I should be shy about anymore,” she pointed out.

Alice also thinks that doing these things is a good example to women who belong to her age bracket.

“Women of my age should be proud that we can maintain our fitness to a certain degree. By showing what I have, I thought I can be a good example for women of my age to exercise, to keep fit and stay healthy”.

And yes, she insists she’s just really happy these days. When asked if that happiness includes dating since she is very much an eligible bachelorette once again, Alice first giggled and laughed before turning serious and answering in the negative.

“I’m not really looking, I think that thing will just come and surprise you. Wala, hindi ako naghahanap ngayon,” she stressed. I’m really happy now and enjoying simple joys. Tahimik ang buhay ko and I hope it stays that way.”

There are two things that are putting a big smile on Alice’s face these days. One is the positive feedback she’s been getting for her performance in “For Love or Money”, the weekly drama series on TV5 that she topbills along with Derek Ramsay and Ritz Azul.

Everybody has been tweeting me really good comments. They say it’s their second favorite show of mine after ‘Babaeng Hampaslupa’. Our bosses at TV5 have all expressed their contentment about the show. I heard one of the bosses say that our show is very outstanding. Everybody from our director to the production staff to the artists are very happy with how people have received us,” she enthused.

Alice said she’s astonished that many found her portrayal of wealthy millionaire Kristine Almonte so effective that she is now referred to by the name of her character in social media posts.

“Most of the tweets are actually for Kristine, not me. They say Kristine is really gorgeous and sexy in their tweets and they just tag Alice Dixson in their tweets. They also refer to Derek as his character Edward so I’m glad people could relate to our characters.”

Do these same people think she is actually that rich? Alice said she does get that impression as the show has also attracted some unlikely viewers in only its second month on the air.




“I actually have a couple of Chinese friends who own large companies here in the Philippines and never really watch TV. But they’ve been watching ‘For Love or Money’ and they’re asking me why I have to offer P10 million to Derek. Everybody else has their own comments about the show and I’m happy that the people talking about our show are not just your usual viewers,” she noted.

The other thing Alice is excited about is her new film, “When the Love is Gone”, which marks her first dramatic lead role on the big screen since 1999’s “Ganito Ako Magmahal”.

Although the film is an acknowledged remake of Danny Zialcita’s “Nagalit ang Buwan sa Haba ng Gabi”, Alice said the script is actually different from the original.

“The theme is similar but it’s really not the same. I now consider it as one of my favorite films and that’s a big thing considering I’ve done so many films,” she exclaimed.

One thing that the remake retained from its original source is the witty dialogue that Zialcita’s films were known for. This include the famous line, “Nandiyan ba ang asawa ko na asawa mo na asawa ng boung bayan?” immortalized by Laurice Guillen which Alice gets to deliver in the new version.

As firsts go, 2013 has seen a lot from Alice Dixson: the first time she wore a two-piece bikini in a TV show, her first ever sexy photo shoot, her first time to have numerous kissing scenes again (mostly with Derek) in a long time. The actress said it’s all part of taking her career to a different level.

“I have to be open to doing new things so yeah, people can expect more different and new things from me,” she concluded.

source: interaksyon.com